Skip to main content
“What will the Galaxy 5G Phone really change?”

A young girl holding her new Galaxy smartphone asked that profound question. 

Yes, I know you are thinking, is she really talking about a commercial. 

I am. You see, this one commercial about a new smartphone got me thinking. What will my outlook on life at this moment really change? What impact can my words or actions really have in the world we are living in right now? 

As I watched the commercial, a spokesperson for the smartphone went on to state that the phone would change way more than what the girl thought. 

Wow, what a simple answer to such a complex question but maybe simplicity is what I need to focus on right now. 

Half of my friends on social media agree with every aspect of the social distancing while the other half are calling for conspiracy. I have a few friends in the middle and some friends are just trying to make it through each day. I do not post a lot about Covid-19 because, quite frankly, I do not feel qualified on either side. I don’t trust what I read on the internet or social media. So, I revert to not saying much at all, but, is that wise? 

I may not be qualified on the current situation we find ourselves in but I am qualified to proclaim the one piece of truth that will make a difference. 

Just as the commercial declared with one simple statement: the smartphone would change way more than she thought. I have to believe THIS will as well:

Listen to me. 

God is the answer. 

Whatever you are feeling today: hopeless, scared, confused, angry, overwhelmed, worried, content, stressed, exhausted, weary, or just plain bored. My God will fulfill you. 

He is the hope you need 
(Romans 15:13) 

He will calm your fears 
(Deuteronomy 31:8, Isaiah 43:1, 1 John 4:18) 

He will bring clarity to your mind
 (1 Corinthians 14:33)

He will help you control your anger 
(1 Corinthians 10:13, Ephesians 4:26, John 13:35)

He will bring peace to your worried heart 
(Matthew 6:25-34) 

He will strengthen you 
(Isaiah 41:10, Psalm  46:1-3, Matthew 11:28)

He will sustain you 
(Psalm 55:22)

He is all you need today, tomorrow, and forever

And He is enough 
(Philippians 4:19, 2 Corinthians 12:9) 

Do you find yourself needing a reset button? Seek God. Search the scriptures. Cry out to Him and watch Him renew your spirit. 

So, yes, tonight I found myself in an “AHA” moment direct from a smartphone commercial πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

And my conclusion is this:

My words and my actions are on full display every single day. Everything I say, do, think, and believe should be based on and for Christ. Why would living in a pandemic be any different? 

Living boldly for Christ and loving boldly for Christ will change way more than I could possibly imagine! 


#Godsgotyoumypeeps 
#speaktruthwhenyoudontknowwhattosay
#lovebodlylivebodly 
#seekGodwhenCovid-19hasyoudown 
#icomeinsimplicitylongingforpurity 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Experience is a Classroom

One of the biggest reasons I love sports is because each sport can teach you so much about life and so much about you as an individual. Over the years I have really started to love running. I am by no stretch of the imagination a marathon runner and probably never will be but this sport teaches me so much on a daily basis. I work out three to four times a week and every time I am at the gym I run between 4 to 6 miles (sometimes a little more but I try my very best not to go under 4). There are some nights where I feel I could run forever and my mind and body are in complete unison. Those nights are pretty joyous for lack of a better word. Those nights inspire me and motivate me. Those nights shout loud and clear that my determination and hard work is paying off. However, there are some nights that really are just complete torture. My mind and body fight the entire time. Most of the time the fighting starts even before I get to the gym. I let different things discourage me. I let my

The Church - The Mission - Are We Getting It Right

I absolutely hate procrastination! Just ask my husband…  But I procrastinated to the very last minute to sit down and write this post. I could have written three to five other posts in the amount of time it took me to write this one. I was and am extremely nervous to share my thoughts on this topic because I believe God is trying to reveal something in my life personally. He is pulling and tugging at my heart. I have so much passion for this topic right now but I am not sure what I am supposed to do with it yet. It is hard to write about something that you are so passionate about because you want the words to be clear and interpreted correctly. Certainly, I know, there will be some that will miss the point, some may not care, but maybe… just maybe one person will get it. Maybe one person will catch on and see the vision. Passion, along with vision and attitude, is extremely contagious. Alright… enough chit chat. Here we go… So, where did this passion start? Where did it be

Loving the Mirror

Confidence? There was a time  when confidence was evident in every area of my life. I truly believed I was beautiful just the way God made me and I truly believed He had a special plan  designed just for me . Living life back then was so much easier; so much simpler. Of course there were obstacles along the way,  hard  choices that needed to be made, and sometimes life was confusing… but my confidence in God and His plan outweighed anything else. I honestly though t my confidence would only grow the older I became; I thought I  would always love the way God made me  (I mean there is only one  me… that is pretty incredible).   I never imagined I would wake up one morning and  hate  what I saw in the mirror. Not me… not the girl who  personally  knows  the One who made her. It is kind of crazy for me to even think I lost sight of were true confidence resides.  A little shameful if I’m honest, but  the choice to grow and overcome weaknesses only comes when we are willing to adm